Job Title: CNC Programmer
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Range: DOE
Benefits: After 90 days
Seekins Precision, LLC is a premier modern sporting rifle manufacture.
A Programmer will maintain CNC programs by writing and/or editing G code through manual entry or the use of specialized software.
Duties will include:
- Operate multi-axis CNC Mill (horizontal and vertical) and CNC Lathe Machines.
- Make minor to major edits to proven programs.
- Write basic programs through manual entry.
- Learn to write basic to complex programs through the use of specialized software.
- Upload and download programs to CNC machines.
- Identify, edit and evaluate changes to tool locations, tool off-sets, feed rates, and RPM.
- Identify and describe process problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (troubleshoot).
- Follow and meet quality standards.
- Complete required documentation with accurate information.
- Inspect and ensure that all dimensions are within print specifications.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assist and train those with less skills, ability and experience as needed.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety, Quality, Health and the Environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Have a good knowledge of G code and program editing.
- Ability to calculate speeds and feeds for cutting tools used on common aluminum and steel.
- Knowledge of Fanuc controls.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common factors, and decimals and utilize mathematical formulas. Determine simple and compound angles with basic trigonometric functions.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- At least three years CNC machinist experience with multi-axis Mill and CNC Lathe machines.
- Experience reading and adhering to blue prints and requirements.
- Experience using most types of inspection gages.
- Recognize and utilize tools effectively.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to take work instructions from a lead or supervisor to complete tasks assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented and the ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Associated Degree in Technical Vocation (Machining, CNC Technology, Mechanical Drafting).
- Ability to lift or move 25 lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit throughout the workday.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel material.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work AM and PM hours. (Days, Swing, Weekend Days, Weekend Swing).
- Willingness to work overtime hours as required.