Job Title: Manufacturing Director
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Range: DOE
Benefits: After 90 Day probation period
Seekins Precision, LLC is a premier modern sporting rifle component manufacture.
Responsible for the execution of the manufacturing performance to meet cost, quality, delivery and safety requirements. Integrates the manufacturing, programming, quality and customer support activities to support the achievement of corporate goals of Seekins Precision, LLC.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assist senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develop the manufacturing schedule and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Sharing and implementing best business practice.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, etc.).
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and competitiveness
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Safety focused
- Know and support company quality procedure and standards.
- APICS Scheduling certified
- Familiarity with CAD/CAM systems
- Familiarity with CNC lathe, milling equipment and processes
- Supports quality innovation and learning
- A wide degree of creativity and versatility is expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or a related field is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in industrial manufacturing, preferably in CNC and/or metal manufacturing operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5-years’ experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturing department or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
- Moderate knowledge of Quality Management System
- Track record of coaching, mentoring, leading talent performance and development.
- Ability to think strategically, problem solve and adapt to changing environments
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory ability.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, customers, and management.
- Strong ability to manage time effectively along with strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to lift or move 25 lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit throughout the workday.