Job Title: Weekend Shift Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $16.00-$26.00 per Hour
Benefits: After 90 days+
Company Description: Seekins Precision, LLC is a premier modern sporting rifle component manufacture.
Responsibilities: A Shift Supervisor will load/unload and operate multi-axis horizontal CNC mill and CNC lathe equipment to produce quality, high volume parts in a safe and productive manner. This person will also have the ability to check, inspect and process parts (filing, aligning, fitting) using a wide variety of hand tools. In addition, they will coordinate work flow with others on their shift and promote Safety, Quality and Productivity. The shift supervisor will also be responsible for maintaining contact with the manufacturing director and manufacturing supervisor.
Duties will include those of their standard job description and:
- Directs, coordinates, plans and assists scheduling of work for assigned shift
- Promotes and supports good housekeeping, safety, quality and productivity
- Motivate others
- Complete tool changes on all CNC equipment
- Completion of first article inspections
- Ensuring shift data is completed throughout shift and entered in at the end of shift
- Communicate with oncoming or departing shifts to ensure a smooth transition of work flow
- Communicate anomalies, needs, accomplishments and team member progress to leadership
- Training and/or follow-up of training of team members on the assigned shift
- Effectively navigate and use tool vending system
- High School Diploma or GED.
- The ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to take work instructions from manufacturing director to complete tasks assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented and the ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Experience reading and adhering to blue prints and requirements.
- Experience using advanced types of inspection gages.
- Recognize and utilize tools effectively.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Work well within a team and has the ability to coordinate efforts with fellow co-workers.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment and competing demands/priorities.
- Leadership experience in a machine shop or manufacturing setting
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in automated tech, machine trade, business or engineering
- Knowledge and understanding G and M codes.
- Two years CNC machinist experience in the above duties.
- Ability to lift or move 25 lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit throughout the workday.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel material.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work AM and PM hours. (Days, Swing, Weekend Days).
- Willingness to work overtime hours as required.